maven-users mailing list archives

From Vollnhofer Bernhard <Bernhard.Vollnho...@itsv.at>
Subject Dependency isn't included in my assembly, although it's scope is defined as "compile"
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 09:34:30 GMT
Hello,

I've got a little problem with the dependencies in my project.

In my project's POM there's the following dependency defined:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.jboss.client</groupId>
    <artifactId>jbossall-client</artifactId>
    <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

My project is the child of another project. The parent has got the following dependency specified:

<dependency>

    <groupId>jboss</groupId>

    <artifactId>jbossall-client</artifactId>

    <version>4.2.2</version>

    <scope>provided</scope>

    <type>jar</type>

</dependency>

When I now assembly my program, it seems to me that the "provided" scope of the parent pom
overrides the scope of my project, since the jbossall-client-jar is not included in my assembly.
Although it seems illogical to me, maybe it's this feature<http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Dependency_Scope>
taking effect here.

Do you know a way to include the dependency in my assembly without touching the parent pom?
My project has to be the child of the parent pom too.