maven-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Schneider <maili...@cedarsoft.com>
Subject Re: tools.jar and upload to central
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:06:59 GMT

On 06/09/2010 09:36 PM, Shan Syed wrote:
> this is a Sun jar that's under a license that prevents it from being
> available like that
>
> using system scope is an ok solution, but as stated elsewhere, hosting your
> own repository is a great solution for this issue as well as others that you
> will likely encounter as your project grows

I have my own repository manager  up and running. But I want my lib to
be available in Central so that it can be used without any additional
troubles (like adding one more repository).

So if I understand you correctly, it is possible to deploy an artifact
with such a system dependency?

Regards,

Johannes

> try archiva, nexus, artifactory, etc
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Johannes Schneider
> <mailings@cedarsoft.com>wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>

> at the moment I am creating a project that needs the tools.jar for
> compilation and at runtime.
> Therefore I have added dependency with scope "system" as explained here:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/general.html#tools-jar-dependency
>
> Is it possible to deploy that artifact to the central repository?
> Or do there apply any restrictions?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Johannes

- --