maven-users mailing list archives

From dawi...@gmail.com
Subject Release Plugin Explained?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:16:57 GMT
Hello,

I converted M1 to M2 and in a day or two I was going to convert shell
scripts that were doing our releases. After reading this forum for a while
I decided that leveraging maven would be much better idea than using custom
scripts. I would rather use tried and tested solution and change the way
team does things as opposed to fitting Maven into our current process.

Here is a problem:

Where do I find basic guide on the release plugin? Reference information on
Apache's website is good but I would like to understand the philosophy
behind the process. How should I manage versions, the scoop behind
snapshots, how an SCM figures into this picture, best practices etc. I
suspect Nexus is a great tool to do all that however I can't install it due
to corporate policy.

Googling information is an answer however it feels like piecing together a
jigsaw puzzle. Has anyone created a concise guide that I could read?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Dave