maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency:unpack version problem
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 06:04:27 GMT
if you have it as a dependency of your project, then the correct way to
unpack the dependency is using dependency:unpack-dependencies with enough
includeGroupId, includeArtifactId, includeType specifications to limit the
execution to your dependency.

Additionally this will allow you to release with the maven release plugin as
dependency:unpack-dependencies searches the reactor while dependency:unpack
does not [and therefore requires that the dependency is installed in the
local repository]

That allows you to specify the version in one place only (probably the
dependencyManagement section of your root pom

-Stephen