maven-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Harbulot <Bruno.Harbu...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Central repository, bundle-create and distribution of licenses
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 15:46:59 GMT
Hello,

Is there a way to prepare a bundle to be uploaded to the central
repository so that it also contains the licence file?

Ideally, I'd like a licence file along these files, for example:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jsslutils/jsslutils/0.5.1/

My POM contains this:
	<licenses>
		<license>
			<name>BSD</name>
			<url>LICENSE.txt</url>
			<distribution>repo</distribution>
		</license>
	</licenses>

The licence file is next to the POM in the source tree, but it's never
included in the bundle or any of its inner jar files. I guess it could
be an absolute URL that points to it, but it would be good to have a
licence file bundled and uploaded with the other files, at least to
respect the terms of the licence itself.

Best wishes,

Bruno.