maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mojo help
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 07:15:52 GMT
On 25 May 2010 07:26, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:

> Lachlan Deck wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I understand your question? My dependencies already contains
> > wagon-maven-plugin
>
> which is a very bad idea unless you intend to run in Maven 3 only. Due to
> classloader constraints in M2 you should never use a different plugin as
> dependency.

It's not just classloader constraints.  Maven-plugin-plugin will not merge
the plugin metadata so if you extend a mojo from a different plugin all it's
@parameter fields will be null. The classloader issue will bite you in the
ass if you are just using other classes from the maven-plugin or if you hand
craft the plugin metadata to work around the issue with maven-plugin-plugin
(unless you run Maven 3)