maven-users mailing list archives

From Dan King <dan.king...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to determine dependencies?
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 15:04:07 GMT
> CXF makes a combined jar that you can use.

Do you know where I can find this combined client jar? I've searched everywhere with no luck.

>If you do not use this beware of incorporating CXF jars into a single
>jar (jar-with-dependencies) since the individual CXF jars have duplicate
>property files that only contain the properties required for the jar
>that they are in and you will end up with one that does not have all the
>properties that CXF needs.

>Their combined jar has property files that are complete for all of the
>modules combined.

>It may add to your overhead to have modules that you do not need but
>that is infinitely better than having property files that are missing
>properties that CXF needs.

This is exactly my concern; so my preference is to find and use a client jar provided by CXF.

Even so I'm curious if it is possible to use maven to dissect dependencies and determine which
set of dependencies allow for which set of functionality. If yes, how?

-Dan