maven-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <li...@zimmer428.net>
Subject Re: war:exploded or alternatives?
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 08:08:01 GMT
Am 12.05.2010 09:53, schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> add an execution bound to the phase you want and put the configuration of
> that execution in the execution.

Well, that's what I thought too, and I figured out that calling
war:exploded actually does what I need, with one minor annoyance (which
is what initially made me think): Having this configuration...

[...]
>>             <plugin>
>>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>                 <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>>                 <configuration>
>>

>> <webappDirectory>/home/kr/kontext/runtime/appservers/jetty/webapps/jettyweb</webappDirectory>
>>                 </configuration>
>>             </plugin>
>>         [...]
[...]

in pom.xml, maven does what I intend to do, but in this case, no matter
whether using war:exploded or war:war, the webapp _always_ is built in
the specified <webappDirectory>. What I want it to do, however, is to
build the webapp (and eventually the .war file) in
${project.home}/target/ as it does by default and _then_, using
war:exploded, unpack the war file to some specified folder outside
${project.home}. So far I failed, however, at configuring
maven-war-plugin for right this behaviour in case of war:exploded being
explicitely called... :/

K.