maven-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inheritance hierachy of a Maven project ...
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:47:32 GMT
On Apr 3, 2010, at 6:25 PM, Kedar Mhaswade <kedar.mhaswade@gmail.com>
wrote:

> My search returned nothing, hence the post. Hopefully, this is a
> simple
> question.
>
> Is it reasonable to expect mvn help:effective-pom to return the
> hierarchy of
> a POM (e.g. project-a -> parent-a -> parent-b -> super-POM)?

No. The parent of the effective pom is the same as the parent of the
declared pom.

> It does not
> seem to be doing it as of 2.2.1. Is there another way to know the
> inheritance hierarchy of a project?

Aside from looking at it? Not that I know of. You should have all the
ancestors in your local repo. I seem to remember m2eclipse having an
'Open Parent' feature in the POM editor, but this got replaced with an
effective pom viewer at some point AFAIK.

Justin