maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Maven downloading strange jars
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:03:42 GMT
These are most likely transient dependencies, i.e. dependencies of your
dependencies. If I was to guess, I'd say you have a dependency to log4j.
Some parts of log4j have these deps but you might not need them. So if you
configure exclusions for those you will be fine (search on how to do that).
These reason why Maven fails to retrieve these jars is because they don't
exist on central. I'm sorry you've been hit by this issue so early in your
Maven experience.

/Anders