maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: How to share a similar file across modules?
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:54:21 GMT
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2008/04/how-to-share-resources-across-projects-in-maven/

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Nord, James <JNord@nds.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a file that will be 99% the same that will be used by many modules.
>
> My original idea was to use the maven remote resources plugin with filtering to achieve
my aims only this achieves only part of the need (only one place holds the file so updates
are consistent & filtering can be done on the file to achieve the customization that is
needed).

> However the other part of the need is that the file needs to be named differently on
each usage - and I am stuck as to how I might accomplish that?

> Does anyone have any ideas / pointers that would help - or do I need to write a custom
mojo for this?

> An example of the usage would be
>

> *         A Shared component has a generic init.d script in src/main/resources/init.d_script
>
> *         This would have a placeholder ${project.properties.mainClass} in the line
that launches java

> *         The name of the init.d script needs to be different by all users.
>
> Regards,
>
>                /James

> This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from
your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored
by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print
this e-mail unless necessary.

> NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United
Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603
8808 40-00