maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: distribution build for non-maven users
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:33:34 GMT
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Erlend Hamnaberg <ngarthl@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have project that is on codehaus. For some reason I decided to have a
> distribution build as an attached artifact.
> This causes clutter in the repo, which I do not want.
>
> Are there any guidelines for how to create a distribution for a maven
> project for non-maven users?
>
> I probably want to put this as part of the release build, with an upload to
> the webdav download place @ codehaus.

It sounds like you are already creating a distribution, probably with
the assembly plugin?  A link to your project would help, so we don't
have to guess. :)

If the only objection is that it gets deployed to the repository, then
try the 'skip' parameter of the deploy plugin.

This will work best if the assembly is in a separate module rather
than being attached to something else.

You can then manually upload the distribution to Codehaus webdav, or
possibly automate it with another plugin (wagon?).

--
Wendy