maven-users mailing list archives

From Brendan Sibre <bts...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Always download dependencies with classifier
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:10:58 GMT
We see that message when we have a jar in the repository that doesn't
actually have a POM file.
It realizes the JAR is in your local repository, so it doesn't try to
download that.

But it always tries to download the POM to find out if the artifact has any
dependencies (and POMs don't
have classifiers) but it's trying to find out if it has any dependencies.
It does that on every build.
However, my output always shows an INFO message "Unable to find resource
'groupX:artifactY:pom:versionZ'"
for each one as well.

Might be interesting if Maven provided a way to indicate in your dependency
declaration that you just
want the JAR w/o looking at the POM.