maven-users mailing list archives

From "Brian C. Dilley" <bdil...@estalea.com>
Subject multi-company branching/release conundrum
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:49:17 GMT
Scenario:
    I work for a company that manages many SCM repositories and many
maven 2 projects.  Each of these companies have their own code base and
maven repositories and share a few (10-12) maven projects in an SCM that
all of the companies have access to.   Currently each company has their
own branch in the shared repository and things are merged from
trunk->branch and branch<-trunk as needed.  Each company's branch is
updated from trunk on an as needed basis as doing so incurs extra QA
time (whatever was in trunk needs to be tested within their environment).

Question:
    How would you guys handle this situation?  Each company needs to be
able to deploy their own versions of the shared Maven2 projects to the
shared repository without writing over each other's artifacts in that
shared repository.  I thought of using classifiers for the companies -
but the maven deploy plugin doesn't add the classifier to the deploy
goal.  Any help would be appreciated :)