maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Maven spitting out "crap" when it can't find locally added dependancies. How to stop it from checking?
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:53:16 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
>

>> Anders Hammar wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe something like this:
>>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOT/How+to+add+a+3rd+party+jar
>>>
>>> I know that there is always possible to add more documentation, but I kindly
>>> ask you to appreciate that most people within the open source world do this
>>> without getting payed. If you've found some documentation that you think is
>>> missing, dig in and figure out how it works and submit that (docs or
>>> whatever) as a patch. If you don't know where to submit please ask, we'll
>>> point you in the right direction.
>>>
>>> /Anders
>>>

>> I appreciate all the great work that you guys do and I know that it is time volunteered
one way or another.
>> The reference is on the right track. It is too specific to their project and appears
to be a bit short on details.
>> It would be nice to have something that has a bit of the Maven Upload to Central
flavour but addressing the problem that the GEOT paper addresses.

> So why don't you add that? If you feel you're getting some value from Maven then take
a few hours and save all the users after you some pain.

If I was not so far up to me ears in alligators and customers who are
becoming alligators, I might take a shot at it.
I still have to figure out how to do it and do it once.

You are putting me on the spot with the best argument known to man "Put
up or shut up".
I guess I do not have much choice now but to write something.

Ron