maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Maven spitting out "crap" when it can't find locally added dependancies. How to stop it from checking?
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:32:42 GMT
Anders Hammar wrote:
> Eh, not sure what you mean. Are you asking where in the Maven docs it is
> stated that the pom should be correct? I think that would go without saying,
> don't you? A default pom is most likely never correct, as think Jason said
> earlier in this thread.

Cute but not likely the issue. I think we can take correct POMs as a given

Where does the documentation describe how to make a POM for a 3rd party
module and why that is worth doing.
What is the minimum info required? What are the optional things that you
should try to add for a module that is open source and for one that is not?

Ron

> /Anders
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 13:46, Ron Wheeler
> <rwheeler@artifact-software.com>wrote:
>

>> Anders Hammar wrote:
>>

>>> Nexus is good, but it can't do magic. It will not solve the fact that
>>> there
>>> are no poms/metadata and therefore no dependencies info. You still need to
>>> fix that yourself.
>>> I'm not a fan of just uploading the jars and using the default pom (no
>>> dependency info) as it will break Maven's dependency management. Artifacts
>>> like this will make Maven "look bad" and take away some of the pleasure
>>> working with Maven.
>>>
>>> Please invest in creating correct poms. If the source/project is open
>>> source
>>> it shouldn't be too hard.
>>>

>> Where is that documented/mentioned in the Maven docs?
>>
>> Ron
>>

>>> /Anders

I'd