maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Unable to exclude .class files
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:51:40 GMT
Thomas Harris wrote:
> When Mavenizing an existing project, especially one that is as old as Java, you might
find that the prying apart of the ball of mud via major refactoring is a task that a client
will not pay for. You still want to Mavenize the project and integrate it into you blah/blah
CI process, etc. So, in that case...?

> Tom

Someone will pay for and someone will reap the cost savings. In an ideal
world your customer pays for it and you get to reap the rewards. In
reality, you often pay for it and the customer gets the rewards when
your bills are less.

You are probably going to have to unravel good chunks of the ball of mud
anyway.

Ron

Sundberg