maven-users mailing list archives

From wytten <dale.wyttenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Downloading modules that are part of the current build, why?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:09:44 GMT

I've been a maven advocate for a while but there is a particular behavior
that still puzzles me.
When building a multi-module project why does the build process download the
latest snapshots
of modules that are about to be built?  For example, I'm waiting now while a
war snapshot is being
downloaded, which seems unnecessary because that war module is part of the
multi-module project
being built right now.  Is it a possible enhancement to suppress snapshot
download of modules that
are part of the multi-module project being built?