maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: question about profile inheritance
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:14:47 GMT
Thomas Markus wrote at Freitag, 5. Februar 2010 12:39:

> hi,
>
> i try to define profiles in a parent pom and activate these profiles in
> a child pom. its a little bit confusion.
>
> in child project part1
>
> mvn help:active-profiles
>
> shows
>  - test1 (source: pom)
>  - base (source: settings.xml)
>
> but a
>
> mvn
>
> doesn't runs my plugin (no inheritance)
>
> but a
>
> mvn -P test1
>
> (expected to be same)
>
> executes the plugin
>
> what i'm missing here? i try to define profiles for different project
> configurations.

[snip]

> parent pom:

[snip]

>     <profiles>
>         <profile>
>             <id>test1</id>
>             <build>

[snip]

>             </build>
>         </profile>
>     </profiles>
>
> </project>
>
> child pom:

[snip]

>     <profiles>
>         <profile>
>             <id>test1</id>
>             <activation>
>                 <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
>             </activation>
>         </profile>
>     </profiles>

[snip]

Activation of a profile is either global if set by command line or activated
in the settings.xml, otherwise the activation is only local to the *current*
POM i.e. in your parent is not activated and the profile in your child POM
does actually not add something to the build.

- Jörg