maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Copying different property files based on a Profile
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:39:34 GMT
1) Well, They easiest explanation is that you would then end up with three
different artifacts with the same GAV which actually are three different
artifacts. That breaks one of the basic rules about coordinates of unique
artifacts in Maven. The other, more subtle, is that you should only have to
execute one build to get all your artifacts. You shouldn't have to build
your project three times.

2) Have a look at classifiers. There is always just one primary artifact (no
classifier) of a project, but you could add extra artifacts with
classifiers. However, do understand that using classifiers incorrectly and
not understanding the limitations will break dependency management in Maven.
I.e., there is just one pom for a project, so all artifacts (primary and
secondary) will have the same dependencies.

/Anders