maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Executing a child pom twice, keeping BOTH results
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:47:38 GMT
Pretty much anything is technically possible. However, that doesn't make it
right. The Maven way for your use case is to have two different
modules/projects. Possibly also a third one where you keep things that these
two projects have in common.
The mind set you should have is that you only execute one build and get all
that you want/need. You shouldn't do two executions (on one project) that
produce two different artifacts as they will share the same GAV.
(Someone might bring up classifiers now, but I try to stay as far away from
those as possible... I've seen too much incorrect usage of that.)

/Anders