maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: what does it mean with this error when trying to run mvn eclipse:eclipse (Cannot find mojo descriptor for: 'eclipse:eclipse' - Treating as non-aggregator.)
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:49:27 GMT
Ok, first I would like to point you at some Maven books. They are great to
get the basics:
http://books.sonatype.com

Then onto your problem. On the command line, you can always force a specific
version. In your case you're trying to use a SNAPSHOT-version (a
devevlopment build version), which is normally not a good idea (unless you
know what you're doing).
Try this on the command line:
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:2.7:eclipse

That should force Maven to use v2.7 of the plugin. Does it still not work?

The configuration I wrote about does the same thing kind of. By adding the
following xml section to your project, you configure Maven to use v2.7 of
the plugin (but only when executed for this project or a project that
inherits from this):
    <build>
        <pluginManagement>
            <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.7</version>
                </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </pluginManagement>
    </build>

The schema for pom.xml is found here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd

As a last point I would like you to talk to your local Maven people as well.
As you do have an Artifactory instance and you have configured to use that
(most likely based on directions by someone as you say you don't have much
Maven knowledge), if things still doesn't work - talk to them! They know
your local environment and should be able to help you. I can't solve
problems in your local environment.

/Anders