maven-users mailing list archives

From torsten.reinh...@gi-de.com
Subject dependencyManagement and Manifest.MF issue
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:24:36 GMT
Hi,

in our build, we have a module C with a dependeny to module B, having a
dependency to module A in version A-4.0.14, but managed to version
A-4.0.15.
Thus, this version and dependency is build into Manifest.MF of module C:

Class-Path: B-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar A-4.0.15.jar

Later on, we pick up module C, and copy all dependencies of it into a
directory structure - assuming, that a complete classpath will result.
When copying dependencies, not version A-4.0.15 is copied, but A-4.0.14
(coming from module B´s dependencies).

=> We now have a runtime problem, because in Manifest.MF A-4.0.15 is
stated, but A-4.0.14 was copied.

Any suggestions how to handle this?

Thanx, Torsten