maven-users mailing list archives

From "Pankaj Agarwal" <pankaj_agar...@trimble.com>
Subject RE: help needed with maven antrun plugin
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:26:21 GMT
Here's the exact error.

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred while executing this
line:
build.xml:118: com.bea.util.jam.internal.javadoc.JavadocClassloadingException: An error has
occurred while invoking javadoc to inspect your source
files.  This may be due to the fact that $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar does
not seem to be in your system classloader.  One common case in which
this happens is when using the 'ant' tool, which uses a special
context classloader to load classes from tools.jar.

This situation elicits what is believed to a javadoc bug in the initial
release of JDK 1.6.  Javadoc attempts to use its own context classloader
tools.jar but ignores one that may have already been set, which leads
to some classes being loaded into two different classloaders.  The
telltale sign of this problem is a javadoc error message saying that
'languageVersion() must return LanguageVersion - you might see this
message in your process' output.

This will hopefully be fixed in a later release of JDK 1.6; if a new
version of 1.6 has become available, you might be able to solve this
by simply upgrading to the latest JDK.

Alternatively, you can work around it by simply including
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar in the java -classpath
parameter.  If you are running ant, you will need to modify the standard
ant script to include tools.jar in the -classpath.

[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 40 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 04 21:31:15 GMT 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 10M/187M