maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Archetype 1.0 to 2.0 variations question on CLI interactive prompt
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 01:05:07 GMT
On 06/02/2010, at 2:44 PM, Matthew McCullough wrote:

> Wendy noted: "It all changed with archetype 2.0 and I don't think all
> the archetypes came back.  now they get generated from samples or
> something."
>
> Can anyone elaborate on the above statement?  Any docs/wiki/nabble
> links on the rewrite and new way to use 'samples'?

I was never clear on the intention myself, since generating from the sample project gives
you an archetype in target, but doesn't do any of the further steps for building, deploying
or releasing the archetype.

I would suggest the following:
- generate a project from the old archetype
- fix it up to how you would expect
- submit it as a patch for the "samples" directory.

To get it release, we should discuss what needs to happen with them on dev@, but the best
thing is probably to build an /archetypes directory, similar to /plugins, and move forward
from there.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter