maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: antrun plugin dependency disappearance
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 03:16:52 GMT

On 02/02/2010, at 1:46 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>> In Maven 2, only to ensure that the first plugin declaration encountered (usually
by putting it in the root) contains all of the desired plugin dependencies.

> It was in the root. However, since modules run first, the instance in
> a module won, so I had to put the dependencies there.

Is the root not also the parent of the module? The only reason I said root was because it
should be consistently inherited into the children (Which may have to be empty, I'm not sure
if the dependencies lists are correctly merged in some versions either).

It's definitely fickle - the best I've found is:
- put it in build > plugins of the topmost parent that will use it (not plugin management)
- don't add any dependency to modules that will use it, just the additional configuration
/ executions
- make sure it is in build, not reporting for checkstyle, etc. type plugins

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,
Brett

--