maven-users mailing list archives

From Maruf Aytekin <aayte...@gmail.com>
Subject maven release from CVS tag
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:10:05 GMT
Hi All

How do I make maven release from a CVS tag with maven releas eplugin?
I am aware that this is not a good practice but we are making releases
from CVS tags instead of head. The company I work for has been
following this method for their some unique resons which I am not
agreed.

I am trying to use maven release plugin to mak ethe releases but the
code in a tag needs to be released. I am checking docs here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-releasing.html. The current
location of the development is a tag. Can I set the current location
of the development as the tag and set the tagbase another tag? If so
can someone point me an example using CVS?

Regards
Maruf