maven-users mailing list archives

From antipattern37 <antipatter...@yahoo.com>
Subject "pdf:pdf" and sub-sections in table of contents
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:42:23 GMT
Hello

I'm in the process of creating PDF documentation with the Doxia plugin of Maven 2.2.1 (invoked
by "mvn pdf:pdf").
I have successfully converted my documentation (in APT format) to a PDF file. So far I'm pretty
happy with the results.

One thing bothers me, though. The table of contents (TOC) in the generated PDF doesn't contain
the sub-sections of my APT file.
There is only one entry in the generated TOC which references the whole APT file.

I've tried changing the "depth" attribute in the Document Descriptor's "<toc/>" element
(src/site/pdf.xml).
Unfortunately to no avail. The generated TOC still doesn't contain the sub-sections of my
APT file.

One thing I noticed: If I'm using the "itext" implementation of the plugin ("mvn pdf:pdf -Dimplementation=itext")
the TOC is generated the way I want it.
I dont't want to use the "itext" implementation because it lacks some nice things the default
"fo" implementation offers (e.g. page numbering, footer, header, ...).

Is the creation of a TOC with sub-sections a feature that is exclusive to the "itext" implementation?
And just in case it's really not possible to it with Maven's "pdf:pdf" plugin: Are there other
ways to convert from APT to PDF?

Thanks in advance
Oliver