maven-users mailing list archives

From Edward Peschko <horo...@gmail.com>
Subject building, installing, using maven COMPLETELY OFFLINE (setting up local mini repository)
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:26:25 GMT
All,

I need to support a project where I cannot access the internet, even
by proxy. And I'd like to use some tools that require maven support
for building (apache commons, for example).

I see offline mode, and gave it a try, but it STILL seems to still
want to connect to the internet when both building maven, and when
building apache commons. This is as of 2.1.0.

Anyways, what I was hoping to do was to trick maven to run from a sole
pre setup repository; ie: to build a cache on another machine,  tar up
that complete cache and move that cache to the local directory to
build it from there. I would have thought this would be simple (in
fact it should work out of the box IMO) but I don't see any HOWTO
document offhand.

Any help on this would be great and IMO this should be a FAQ.

Thanks much,

Ed

(ps -  BTW - I did try to do a search, but the mail archive at

 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/

doesn't have a search feature for some odd reason.
)