maven-users mailing list archives

From Rick R <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what does it mean with this error when trying to run mvn eclipse:eclipse (Cannot find mojo descriptor for: 'eclipse:eclipse' - Treating as non-aggregator.)
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:36:47 GMT
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:

> Also, try what I suggested about specifying the version of the plugin to v
> 2.7.

Ok I totally suck at Maven :) I'm trying to figure out how the heck you
figure out how to declare the above and where you figure out the pom syntax
for the eclipse plugin to declare the version?

I looked out here
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/maven/maven-eclipse-plugin

(I normally go to the above repo look up to determine the pom dependencies I
want to add.)

Obviously it is using 2.8 since after the mvn eclipse:eclipse error I end up
seeing:

there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.plugins
-DartifactId=maven-eclipse-plugin -Dversion=2.8-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:maven-plugin:2.8-SNAPSHOT

>From the above I assume I can build the pom dependency and change it to 2.7
like you mentioned, but somewhere I must be able to find that pom
declaration in a repo online somewhere? Just trying to learn the process of
where I find these things?