maven-users mailing list archives

From Raphaël Flores <rflo...@moulon.inra.fr>
Subject Using Taverna via Maven as a dependency
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:18:14 GMT
Hi all,

Taverna has its own repository at MyGrid site:
http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/repository/uk/org/mygrid/taverna/

In my project, I'd would like to use Taverna 1.7.2.1 as a jar dependency
and launching workflows directly via Bootstrap class. In order to use
it, I have to add a Taverna dependency into my pom.xml for Taverna
beeing downloaded automatically at compilation step. However, I don't
have been able to find correctly dependency to manage that. Here is the
dependency I've added to my pom.xml :

<dependency>
<groupId>uk.org.mygrid.taverna</groupId>
<artifactId>taverna</artifactId>
<version>1.7.2.1</version>
</dependency>

But the artifact has not been found at mygrid-repository
(http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/repository), probably because of the
artifact id packaging is pom. I expected adding this dependency would
get all Taverna dependencies, but it seems not. So I may add each
dependency of Taverna (taverna-bootstrap, scufl, workbench, etc...) for
not having problems at compilation time, but at runtime, I get errors
because of dynamic dependencies.

Is there a way to add only one dependency for Taverna in my pom.xml
which would let Taverna pom getting all needed artifacts ? I might not
use the dependency correctly...

Otherwise, does one know what artifacts other than bootstrap, workbench,
tools and scufl are needed for executing workflow from Bootstrap ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Raphaël Flores
Téléphone : 01 69 33 23 76