maven-users mailing list archives

From Adam Flinton <adam.flin...@nhs.net>
Subject Class inheritance and maven parameters
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:10:08 GMT
Dear All

I have a base class such as

public class CommonAceImporter extends AbstractMojo {

This then contains a number of basic Parameters e.g.

     /**
      * Location of the data directory to read from.
      *
      * @parameter
      * @required
      */
     public File srcDir;

     /**
      * Location of the ace data directory to write to.
      *
      * @parameter
      * @required
      */
     public File aceDir;

If I then extend this class and the CommonAceImporter class is in the
same jar everything is OK.

If I refactor and move the CommonAceImporter class into a different
package & a separate jar & then add that jar as a dependency then the
parameters are set but are then reported as being null.

i.e. if I comment out the parameters I get the error saying these params
must be set. If I have them set then if in execute I have:

             getLog().info("CommonAceImporter srcDir = " + srcDir);
             getLog().info("ACE dir: " + aceDir);
             getLog().info("path: " + path);
             getLog().info("Effective Date: " + effectiveDate);

Then then above logging reports the parameters as null &

aceDir.mkdirs();

naturally fails as aceDir is null.

So If I have a class which extends AbstractMojo in one package and jar,
and I add it to the dependencies & then I extend that....how come the
parameters are being set but then appear to be null?

Again...the exact same class in the same jar (but still in it's own
package)....works fine.

TIA

Adam

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please
inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in
reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and
Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail
and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail