maven-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Sewe <s...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Plugin executions vs. POM inheritance
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:22:32 GMT
Thanks Wayne, thanks Ron,

that looks like an alternative way to achieve what I want:
>> I am not sure what you are trying to do but I am wondering if you can build
>> several parent POMs and set up each POM have the parent that suits its
>> needs.
>
> Yes, this is the composition vs inheritance approach to managing your
> projects and poms. It can be useful in certain projects where eg the
> wars all have one war-parent, etc.

I am still curious, though, what Stephen meant by his reply to Lóránt's
original question. From what I could gather, Lóránt is in a situation
similar to myself, but <inherited>false</inherited> doesn't work for me
at all.

What am I missing? (Neither the POM Reference nor the "Guide to
Configuring Plug-ins" were of any help here.)

Best wishes,

Andreas