maven-users mailing list archives

From Roland Asmann <roland.asm...@adesso.at>
Subject Re: maven release from CVS tag
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:32:06 GMT
I'm not 100% sure on this, but if you configure your SCM-portion of the
POM for the tag/branch, it *MIGHT* work. Only problem I see is that in
CVS a tag is read-only, because it is a specific point. This means that
maven might not be able to update the POMs and commit them.

Anyway, try adding the <tag>-tag in the SCM and just give it a try (I'd
advise using the dryRun-principle for testing!).

On 02/02/2010 01:10 PM, Maruf Aytekin wrote:
> Hi All
>
> How do I make maven release from a CVS tag with maven releas eplugin?
> I am aware that this is not a good practice but we are making releases
> from CVS tags instead of head. The company I work for has been
> following this method for their some unique resons which I am not
> agreed.
>
> I am trying to use maven release plugin to mak ethe releases but the
> code in a tag needs to be released. I am checking docs here:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-releasing.html. The current
> location of the development is a tag. Can I set the current location
> of the development as the tag and set the tagbase another tag? If so
> can someone point me an example using CVS?
>

> Regards
> Maruf

Roland Asmann
Senior Software Engineer

adesso Austria Service GmbH
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7                 T +43 1 5138877-27
A-1010 Wien                         F +43 1 5138862
                                    E roland.asmann@adesso.at
                                      www.adesso.at