maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Eear libraries classpath
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:47:06 GMT
Maruf Aytekin wrote:
> Hi Wayne
>
> Thanks for your response on this.
>

>>> Is this a problem; having ModuleB as ModuleB.jar in ear package? Can
>>> ModuleA fsee ModuleB on the classpath?
>>>
>> When you tested this EAR with your target Java EE app server, what
>> happened? Did things deploy and work properly, or no?
>>

> No this did not work. ModuleA did not see ModuleB untill I rename
> ModuleB jar with the version number.
>

>>> If the answer is no, how do I addd dependencies to the manifest.mf
>>> classpath without version numbers only with the finalNames?
>>>
>> I'd just keep the version numbers everywhere in the first place, and
>> avoid this entire discussion. What possible reason do you have for
>> removing them from some of your dependencies?
>>

> We have an ejb that is a dependency for many other modules which is
> being deployed to weblogic. The reason we would like to name the ejbs
> without version numbers as final name is that they are being deployed
> to various of weblogic instances. We don't want to redeploy each ejbs
> to it's target each time we make a release.
>
> Regards
> Maruf

Why is this a good idea? What are you trtying to accomplish?
If you always want to build the dependent applications with the latest
version then make your common ejb a SNAPSHOT and your builds will always
use the latest version.
If the changes to the ejb do not affect the dependent projects, why make
them?

There is something that you are not telling us that makes it hard to
suggest the "right" way to handle it..