maven-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Katsubo <dm...@mail.ru>
Subject Implementing an installer, which is maven-based
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:43:55 GMT
Hi all!

Sorry, that my question seems to have been asked in maven user list
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200710.mbox/%3C2FBBCB49-65D3-4258-906F-E252372E9A7E@massol.net%3E
but I have the situation, similar to that. I hope you can help me, as
you might know what are the latest approaches to that.

I have some service, packaged as .WAR, which is completely build by
maven. However, this .WAR file requires customization: I need to package
it in different ways, depending on user input. Basically, user should
himself select the components, he would like to add to WAR, and define
some simple configuration for these components. After the packaging the
installer should optionally launch tomcat (or jetty) and start a WAR
application.

I need to write the installer, that:
1. Asks user for the list of components (=checkboxes)
2. For each component, asks for the configuration options (then to be
saved as .property file)
3. Package everything from steps 1 and 2 into WAR file. Dependences
should be fetched from publicly available maven repository.
4. Optionally launch tomcat (or jetty) in a background
5. Maybe execute some other script, depending on choices in 1 (like
"demo application").

Let me know, if there is a universal solution for that.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry