maven-users mailing list archives

From JS Bournival ...@jipiju.com>
Subject maven release plugin version schemas
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:50:35 GMT
Hi all,  I am using the maven release plugin for our many projects, and it is working fine.
 Poms all have version set to 1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.  Why am I using BUILD-SNAPSHOT instead
of -SNAPSHOT?  Answer:  OSGi.

When we are releasing, we invoke the release:prepare goal with the needed parameter:

-DreleaseVersion=1.0.0

Now, if I don't specify this parameter, I end up with the value:

-DreleaseVersion=1.0.0.BUILD  (the plugin stripped the -SNAPSHOT)

So I have to specify them if I want the correct behavior.  Now, instead of specifying the
exact value, is it possible to indicate a pattern for version bumping?

Thanks,

JS.