maven-users mailing list archives

From Graham Charters <gchart...@googlemail.com>
Subject Configuring components.xml into assembly plugin
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 07:50:42 GMT
Hi,

I have a components.xml definition that tells the assembly plugin to
use the ZipArchiver when configured with <format>ext</format>, where
'ext' is a new file extensions to use instead of zip.  The component
element looks as follows:

    <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.Archiver</role>
      <role-hint>ext</role-hint>
      <implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.ZipArchiver</implementation>
      <instantiation-strategy>per-lookup</instantiation-strategy>
    </component>

I can get this to work if I compile my own copy of the assembly
plugin, updating it's plexus/components.xml to include the
definitions, but the documentation seems to hint at a better way.

I've just started trying to include the definition through
<containerDescriptorHandler /> as follows:

    <containerDescriptorHandler>
      <handlerName>ext</handlerName>
      <configuration>
        <filePattern>./components.xml</filePattern>
      </configuration>
    </containerDescriptorHandler>

I'm not sure if this is the right approach, but it gives me this gives
me the following error:

Assembly is incorrectly configured: null

Assembly: null is not configured correctly: Cannot find
ContainerDescriptorHandler with hint: ext

I searched for examples, but can't find anything that clearly
describes what I'm trying to do.  Any pointers or ideas on how to
fix/do this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Graham.