maven-users mailing list archives

From lukewpatterson <lukewpatter...@gmail.com>
Subject Some questions about "grouped dependencies"
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:43:38 GMT

Some questions about "grouped dependencies" [1]:

a) Should dependencies introduced through "grouped dependencies" be
considered first-order dependencies?  In the description of a grouped
dependency pom project: "You can ... add this project as a dependency and
all of its dependencies will be added to your project."  The
dependency:analyze goal doesn't seem to understand grouped dependencies.
The "used undeclared" list can contain entries from the grouped dependency
project.

b) How can I get the "nearest" non-pom artifacts from MavenProject?  e.g.
I'd like to get the jars that this project directly depends on, and any jars
that are directly listed in the grouped dependencies

Thanks

[1]
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-pom-best-practice.html#pom-relationships-sect-grouping-deps