maven-users mailing list archives

From mfs <farhan.sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Can the site.xml inheritance be avoided ?
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 01:05:12 GMT

Hi Guys,

I have a multi-module project and it just happens so that I want to have a
totally seperate look & feel and menu-items in the site generated for just
the parent. Hence I made my custom site.xml for that parent (reactor) module
without reports and modules in the left menu.

As for child modules, I want to have the maven's default look & feel and
menu-items. But the problem is that now that I have introduced the site.xml
for just the parent module, all my child modules are inheriting that
structure, which I don't want, and instead have the maven's default site
structure be used. Is there a way I can avoid inheriting the site.xml from
the parent ?. Also, I would certainly want to avoid introducing site.xml
file for each of the child module (20 to 25 in number) just to avoid this
inheritance.

Please comment.

Thanks,

Farhan.