maven-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Any way to place a JAR so that I am guaranteed its classes get loaded first?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:20:35 GMT

Hi,

I'm using an older version of Maven (1.1).  I'm having a problem whereby an
old Xalan class is somehow getting loaded into my classpath and I wish to
use the classes available through Xalan 2.7.1.  I have tried placing this
dependency

        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>xalan</groupId>
                        <artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
                        <version>2.7.0</version>
                </dependency>

at the top of my dependency list, however, I'm still getting the same
"NoSuchMethodError" (due to an older class version).  Is there anywhere I
can place my xalan jar such that I'm guaranteed its classes will get loaded
first into the classpath?

Thanks, - Dave