maven-users mailing list archives

From Yaakov Chaikin <yaakov.chai...@gmail.com>
Subject Assemble a jar with dependent jars next to it
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:57:20 GMT
Hi all,

Tried Googling, but nothing that useful came up... I am pretty sure
it's possible to do this though...

I have a multi-module project and one of the modules is a standalone
executable with dependencies on other modules as well as other 3rd
party libraries.

I need to run an assembly such that the executable module ends up as a
JAR with Class-Path in its manifest pointing to all of its JAR
dependencies and place all the other dependencies (whatever they are -
I don't want to have to specify them all by hand in assembly.xml)
should be brought into the same directory and the Class-Path should
have relative path pointing to them.

Does anyone have some snippets they can share to accomplish this? The
assembly documentation is pretty thin so I would so much love to avoid
trial-and-error pattern.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yaakov.