maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Harris <thar...@axispoint.com>
Subject RE: SiteToolException: ArtifactNotFoundException: The skin does not exist: Unable to determine the release version
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:56:21 GMT
I have been using version 2.1 of the maven-site-plugin all along; When I had no site.xml file,
I got all my menu items and they all worked. Now, without the site.xml file, the 'site' build
fails as described. With the site.xml file detailed below, the 'site' build succeeds, however
the resulting site has no links at all on the left hand side. :|

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Lundberg [mailto:dennisl@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 3:32 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: SiteToolException: ArtifactNotFoundException: The skin does not exist: Unable
to determine the release version

On 2010-02-01 21:24, Thomas Harris wrote:
> I attempted the workaround listed in the ticket (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3139),
namely:

> 1. Create a /src/site/site.xml file in the top-level maven project, containing:
>
> [Code]
> <project>
>   <skin>
>     <groupId>org.apache.maven.skins</groupId>
>     <artifactId>maven-default-skin</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0</version>
>   </skin>
> </project>
> [/Code]
>
> Now the "mvn site site-deploy" works, however, there is no longer any links on the left-side
menu, contrary to what I'd expect from a workaround. So, that's a bunk workaround.

Which version of the Site Plugin are you using?
There is a bug in version 2.1 about missing menu links.

> So, at this stage, our project is dead in the water until someone fixes the site plugin
to get around this 'missing skin' defect. Every Hudson build fails with this error.

> Have users experienced similar issues in the past? How long does it usually take for
a critical fix to get deployed to the central maven repos? Should I start writing the ant
scripts for our projects? ;)

> Tom

-Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
> mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.skins -DartifactId=maven-default-skin
-Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

> org.apache.maven.skins:maven-default-skin:jar:RELEASE
> We've changed nothing, so something bad has occurred to something out on the public repositories.
I'm running Maven v2.2.1, with Java 1.6.0_17, on Windows XP SP2 64bit, but it seems to occur
for everyone (we all have Maven v2.2.1) on all platforms here when attempting to call "mvn
site" on our project.

> I've updated this closed ticket. The ticket should be re-opened, as the same old problem
is now occurring every 'site' build for us. Can someone please fix this soon? We cannot move
forward on our project at this point.

> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3139
>
> Tom

Dennis Lundberg