maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Harris <thar...@axispoint.com>
Subject SiteToolException: ArtifactNotFoundException: The skin does not exist: Unable to determine the release version
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:26:29 GMT
Friday, I was able to run the 'site' build on our project. This morning, I get the following
error:

[INFO] SiteToolException: ArtifactNotFoundException: The skin does not exist: Unable to determine
the release version

Then, install it using the command:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.skins -DartifactId=maven-default-skin
-Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.skins -DartifactId=maven-default-skin -Dversion=RELEASE
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

org.apache.maven.skins:maven-default-skin:jar:RELEASE
We've changed nothing, so something bad has occurred to something out on the public repositories.
I'm running Maven v2.2.1, with Java 1.6.0_17, on Windows XP SP2 64bit, but it seems to occur
for everyone (we all have Maven v2.2.1) on all platforms here when attempting to call "mvn
site" on our project.

I've updated this closed ticket. The ticket should be re-opened, as the same old problem is
now occurring every 'site' build for us. Can someone please fix this soon? We cannot move
forward on our project at this point.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3139

Tom