maven-users mailing list archives

From "Ilya Kazakevich" <kazakev...@devexperts.com>
Subject RE: Modules in phase order
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:46:04 GMT
Hello Anders.

>For everyone's understanding, I assume you mean plugins and not modules?
Yep, I meant plugins, sorry for this mistake.

>Plugins are executed in the order specified in the (effective) pom.
Thanks! That could help.

>However, the best approach is most often to not rely on this but try to
have not dependency on the order of the execution of plugins within a phase.
I understand it. Probably I took a wrong way solve my issue.

>So, in your case you could bind your plugin to the phase after package.
I wanted my plugin to be run for package phase, because user may call "mvn
package" only. So, package whould be the last phase in this case.

>That being said, I don't really understand what you're trying to do.

I have a file. I want this file to be updated with special info and included
in result .zip which I create using "maven-assembly-plugin".
But after it I want my file to be fresh (with out of new info), because I
really need updated file in .zip but not in project it self.

there is a file named boo with the following line: ' version="$VERSION" '
I want .zip to contain file boo with ' version="<value of ${my.version}>'''
But "boo" on my filesystem should be left untouched.

So, my idea was to update this file using "maven-replace-plugin", pack zip
and revert this file.

But I found better solution:

Copy this file to target folder (using wagon), update it and include in
.zip.

That works.

Ilya.