maven-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jensen" <jeffjen...@upstairstechnology.com>
Subject RE: JAVADOC-plugin: include comments from local dependent projects
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 04:05:28 GMT
Possibly what you are looking for is not a Maven related thing at all but how Javadoc works.
 If you add
 /**
  * {@inheritDoc}
  */
above the methods in the implementation classes that implement the interface methods, Javadoc
copies it from the interface to the implementing class' generated HTML files.

Additionally, if using Java 5 or newer, the @Override annotation does the same thing (and
is the preferred approach - no need to do both).

Then, the packaged Javadoc will have what I think you want.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 4:48 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: JAVADOC-plugin: include comments from local dependent projects

> project (B). E.g. A contains interfaces, and B implementations. The question
> is: how can I build docs for B so that, if none specified, method
> descriptions are inherited from A?

There's a good chance your specific usage of the Javadoc plugin is not
currently supported. I've certainly never needed nor wanted to do what
you're doing.

Look at the source code for the m-javadoc-p and see if you can figure
out a way to patch it to support your requirement, or file a Jira and
wait for someone else to code it for you.

Wayne