maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: Dependency plugin strange behavior
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:32:03 GMT
I would phrase it differently:

The copy/unpack goals where designed to manipulate files that aren't
normal classpath "dependencies" of your project such as zips. The
plugin does its own resolution of these artifacts, but doesn't support
ranges or artifacts in the reactor.

The xxx-dependencies goals are designed to manipulate files that ARE
listed in your dependency list and it relies on Maven Core resolving
the artifacts prior to the plugin execution.