maven-users mailing list archives

From Jim McCaskey <jim.mccas...@pervasive.com>
Subject RE: Multi Module: Deploy and failing modules
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:56:34 GMT
Johannes,

As far as I know you pretty much HAVE to do this as a two step process.  The way I do it is
first call deploy like this:

mvn -DaltDeploymentRepository=repo::default::file://C:\staging-repo deploy

That builds everything to a temporary maven repo that's cleaned out between builds.  I then
perform this on a successful build:

mvn org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1:merge-maven-repos -Dwagon.source=file://C:\staging-repo
-Dwagon.target=file://<path to mavenrepo> -Djava.io.tmpdir=deploytemp

It's not graceful, but it works.  YMMV.

I also use Hudson in a couple of places (as another poster suggested) and use it's built in
deploy feature which also works nicely.

-Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Johannes Schneider [mailto:mailings@cedarsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:05 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Multi Module: Deploy and failing modules

Hi,

how do you solve that scenario:

Multi module project that I try to deploy/install after a refactoring.
Unfortunately one of the later modules fails. Now I have some sort of
inconsistent snapshot repository. The artifacts within are no longer
compatible.

I'd prefer a method that first builds all modules and then deploys them
together...

Sincerly,

Johannes