maven-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: Bad jar in maven central?
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:20:24 GMT
I now think I know what must have happened.  There wasn't anything wrong
with Maven Central.

To debug an earlier flaw in my build it was suggested to me that I
download the entire cxf distribution, so that I might run wsdl2java from
the command line.  I downloaded the source distribution and tried to run
the build.  It eventually succeeded (?).  I wasn't expecting it to
update my local repository but it did.  I'm supposing that somehow it
created this  bad jar.  Had I kept a copy of it I could have at least
seen the date and studied its provenance.  But this explanation makes
more sense.