maven-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Sewe <s...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Broken inter-module links in flat multi-module build
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:40:28 GMT
Hi all,

> I am still curious as to the difference between /project/url (which
> seems to be called for here) and /project/distributionManagement/url. At
> least in my case both elements have the same content anywhere...

forget it; I get it now: /project/url is the public-facing URL whereas
/project/distributionManagement/url may very well we inivisible
externally (think ~/public_html) or not a proper URL at all (AFAIK, scp:
is not a registered URI scheme, but only indicates to Maven the protocol
to use.) I just got confused because my simple test case uses the file:
URI scheme, which works fine in either element.

Best wishes,

Andreas Sewe